viernes, 30 de noviembre de 2012

I left my heart in San Francisco.

Hi there! First of all, I apologize for not posting so much this month, but I have been really busy. Believe me! I have noticed that many of my visitors are from San Francisco, I love this city and this post is dedicated to them all.

I went to SF in June 2007 with three classmates and also friends; we stayed there for just three weeks and it was an unforgettable experience!

The flight.- Travelling from Madrid (Spain) to SF (USA) took us about a whole day. We had to take three different planes: from Madrid (Spain) to Amsterdam (Holland), where we spent the night at the Schipol airport; from Amsterdam to Detroit (USA), where I was kept by the police because there was a problem with my passport (the policewoman said it was my lucky day, lol), and FINALLY, from Detroit to SF.

Accomodation and school.- We stayed in Amsterdam Hostel which is located in Taylor Street. In the mornings we went to a school, Embassy CEE in Pine Street to improve our English and in the afternoons we visited the city and its most popular attractions.

Attractions.- Golden Gate Bridge. I was really impressed when I saw it for the first time. It is much bigger and longer than it seems in films or pictures. I love it!


Hills.- As you have probably seen in films, there are a lots of hills in SF, that's why we saw so many people wearing a suit and, at the same time wearing trainers (OMG). I couldn't understand how they can park (or even drive) their cars on a hill.


Streetcar.- Perhaps it's the most popular medium of transport in SF, but I think that it is used mainly by tourists, as we did.

Fisherman Wharf.- You can go on a cruise, visit the Alcatraz Island, go shopping and have lunch in a nice Italian restaurant. We went there on July 4th, to celebrate Independence Day, there was a concert and we saw the fireworks.

Alcatraz Island.- It was a military prison and one of its most famous prisoners was Al Capone.


Weather.- I agree with Mark Twain who said: "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in SF". Summer in SF is very different from summer in Spain, but I do not like hot weather so it was perfect for me. The worst thing about the weather was my hair, it was always curly. 


Enjoy the pictures as much as I do. Those people who live in SF, enjoy your city. I promise I'll come back.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario